Saturday, January 30, 2016

Eating Disorder Recovery in Sacramento: Give Loved Ones a Helping Hand


Due in large part to Hollywood’s glamorization of eating disorders, some people have the misconception that such conditions all come down to being a lifestyle choice. This is just one of the many stigmas that surround the illness, something that Annie Souza, a student from the Arizona State University (ASU) faced herself as Statepress.com writer Savannah Harrelson explains: “I was exercising and running every day, and it seemed like it was really healthy, but it became this really overwhelming obsession where if I didn’t get an hour or two of running every day, I’d feel so awful about myself, and if I did eat a cookie I would just feel awful,” she said. Souza finally reached out to a therapist after a friend suggested to her twice that she might have an eating disorder.
http://bit.ly/1nSGPIS

No comments:

Post a Comment