Thursday, October 20, 2016

Sacramento Rehab Center Says Positive Affirmations Really Do Work


These days, the term “positive affirmation” is likely to get an eye roll from the person who hears it. For many people, the children’s book “The Little Engine That Could” comes to mind, with its “I think I can. I think I can. I think I can” refrain. But scientific studies have repeatedly shown that these mantras can decrease stress, improve confidence and self-image, and increase performance on challenging tasks. And at our Sacramento rehab center, we know that getting onto and staying on the road to recovery can be very challenging.

Programming Ourselves to Stay Positive

Under stressful conditions, it’s common for negative thoughts to arise. “This is overwhelming.” “I can’t do it.” “I’m going to fail.” They are often our emotional “default setting.” Read more from this blog:
http://bit.ly/2dN5UjH

No comments:

Post a Comment